- Devoted Ladies M.J. Farrell (Virago Modern Classic)
- That's How it Was Maureen Duffy (VMC)
- Frost in May Antonia White (VMC)
- The Ha-Ha Jennifer Dawson (VMC)
- Ordinary Families E. Arnot Robertson (VMC)
- A House and Its Head Ivy Compton-Burnett (Penguin)
- The Rector's Daughter F.M. Mayor (Penguin)
I have some work to do to catch up with Paperback Reader's admirable collection of the green Virago Modern Classics - but this wonderful little shop in Holt has helped.
As well as antique shops and bookshops, East Anglia has many stunning beaches. Holkham Beach on the north Norfolk coast is one of the most striking places that I have ever been to. If you have seen the film Shakespeare in Love then you will recognise it as the beach that Gwyneth Paltrow walked along in the final scene. Utterly breathtaking.
Holkham Beach, Norfolk